LWS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
LWS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and / or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may share your information with members of our installer network if you have requested a referral.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for our own market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We want you to be confident about making payments online via the LWS website therefore we have partnered with Protx as our Payment Service Provider. Thousands of businesses outsource their transaction security to Protx and it is their top priority to ensure that transaction data is kept secure at all times.
All transaction information passed between our site and the Protx VSP Systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to our servers from Protx are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely secure in the knowledge that nothing passed to the Protx servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Once on the Protx systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art,tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data held by Protx is extremely secure and Protx are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
- We use session cookies to guide you through the shopping process. These cookies are anonymous and expire when to leave the site.
- Analytics cookies are used for anonymous statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
We do not serve or use third-party advertising cookies. You can turn cookies off in your browser but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our website. You will, however, still be able to view editorial content.